June 16, 2016

Commissioned Work - Sun and Earth

My commissioned work project is completed, sent and received. I can now blog about it and include the feedback from Debra Sposa.  Here is what she said: 

Hello Nat!!!

OMG, what a beautiful piece of art this is.  Stunning in so many ways.  Wow!  Just love it.  Your stitching is perfection, the design so alive but in a very tranquil way.  Just thrilled with the piece.

Thank you so much for taking on my challenge. 
Your biggest fan,
Deb 

Deb told me she really likes my work and would I create her something. I agreed without a deadline. I have been thinking about it for a while now. When I started one I couldn't stop, so I ended up making 4 little blocks together and combining them on a piece of vintage Japanese hem. I'm happy that Deb is happy with it too.

I met Deb through my blog many years ago. Deb is high school art teacher. She told me she often inspires her students with what I do and posted on my blog. I'm so thrilled to hear that my humble creations have a positive influence on younger generations. Deb regularly posts her students' work on her blog as well. 

Four little blocks together

Block #1

Block #2

Block #3

Block #4

I called my commissioned work Sun and Earth. The name came to me when I worked on the final block, block #4. It's actually gave itself a name when I accidentally stitched the Sun on it. 

I had a lot of fun creating these little blocks. I sometimes had stitching block. I'd walk away for a bit. When I took it up again I moved forward with stitching. It would tell me when it is done as well. Does that happen to you too?

Thanks Deb, for challenging me to create it for you. I have made a few little blocks for exhibition, and in future I might have to make more, but this is the biggest project I've ever made.

Until next time
Nat 

15 comments:

deanna7trees said...

a most beautiful and inspiring creation. Deb does amazing work with her high school kids. i love seeing what she posts on her blog.

Jeannie said...

Nat, your beautiful artwork is amazing. I have looked at it twice and I know I'll come back and looks some more. Gorgeous! I love that Deb is showing her art students a variety of media. I'm off to check out her blog. Congrats on a task well done!

Terry said...

A balanced and controlled piece. The stitching complements and enhances the work as a cohesive whole with each of the small blocks being stunning on their own.
The combination of the eco-dyed cloth ad threads so says Nat made me. WooHoo

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely Work Nat....Congratulations! Beautiful soft colours! Yes I get Stitchers Block too....especially in January!

Penny said...

Beautifully done Nat, no wonder she is pleased with it.

Needled Mom said...

That is really fabulous. It would be hard to say which block was my favorite. Each of the stitches is unique and lovely. I know that Deb will be thrilled with it forever.

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Deb is such an amazing, wonderful teacher and supporter of artists. This collection you’ve made for her is beautiful! You must have enjoyed it so much ... it shows. I feel so honored to have a piece of my work also included in Deb’s collection, and for my work to have been used as inspiration for her students. It is possibly the best of the various kinds of affirmations we get for our work ... at least that’s how it feels to me and it seems you feel that too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Sun and Earth. xo

sue said...

these are gorgeous

Judy Martin said...

beautiful work as always. x

Bev C said...

Hello Nat,

So much detail in each block. Congratulations.
Enjoy your weekend.

Happy days.
Bev.

ARTISUN said...

Oh Nat, I was thrilled to see your post today on the gorgeous piece you made for me. It is hanging in my studio right now and I pass by it all day long. It stops me in my tracks every time I walk by and compels me to take another look see. I haven't decided yet where I will hang it. But I'm leaning towards my guest home above my studio. I pulls many of the colors I decorated with, so I feel it will flow beautifully there. As soon as I figure it out I'll send you a pix. Much love xox

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Your piece turned out wonderful. Love the Sun stitched in.

Unknown said...

I want to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look at new stuff you
quilt covers Australia

Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations Natima, what a wonderful piece of art work from such an exquisite artisan like you. Hope you will find time for more commmission works to come.

Unknown said...

Being able to express these activities is a precious thing and it will keep me on track for as long as possible.








Royal Hill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...