November 21, 2017

October or November?

When I loaded up the photos for this post it was October, but life is getting away from me lately. So by the time I got back to it again it was almost halfway through November. A lot has happening since my last blog post. One thing for sure is that I'm looking forward to the Christmas break! I get 12 days off work starting from Dec. 22nd through 2nd of Jan. 2018 - woo hoo! 

In January we taking our holiday to Japan, stopping in Hong Kong for a few days on our way. I've planed to get to Toji flea market in Kyoto on the 21st and also to the Tokyo International Quilt Festival at long last! I'm really looking forward to this trip. Apart from that, our son and his family will be joining us there too. Extra excitement to have the grandchildren coming on holiday with us!

On the creative front! A lot is happening on the creative side actually. I have finished piecing the Indigo Moon quilt top. I have enough moon blocks for a queen quilt which I'm very happy with. Next thing is to find a backing big enough for it. Guest what? I walked into my local op-shop and found exactly the fabric I need. I always feel because you love fabric, in return fabric loves you right back too. In this instance I found this gorgeous designer label blue fabric, 'R.M. Williams' just right for the backing of my indigo moon quilt. A perfect marriage between Japan and Australia. How can you beat that? 

More on the creative side. I finally finished Sashiko stitching on my denim jacket. I get lots of compliments every time I wear it. I am also working on some bits and pieces as time allows. See the captions for details. 

Indigo Moon Queen Quilt Top, done and dusted!

R.M. Williams fabric is a lucky
find for quilt backing!


Sashiko stitches on denim jacket

Cutting up old rug to re-purpose into coasters

Some coasters ready to go

The complete commissioned scarf
I did for Martha in Austria. 

The big news from me has to be about my daughter Kitiya Palaskas. I'm so proud to say Kitiya's published her first book! Pinata Party is the ultimate DIY craft book for those wanting to create their own version of this party accessory. The book has now launched in Australia. It will be launched in the US in Feb. 2018. Below are some photos of Kitiya's book launch in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago. A great gift for Christmas to those creative hands...

Bruswick Bound bookstore were
onsite at the launch.

Kitiya started the lunch
with the bank/bottle!

Lots of friends came to give support

Fun night were have by all and Pinatas!

Lovely dudes came to give helping hands

One of the pages from the book. 

Lucky find:

I haven't been shopping or looking at anything to buy lately, but last weekend I took my gym buddy to my local op-shop and I just stumbled into these two adorable stools. I sat on each one of them and I fell in love with them so, got to take them home with me!


This post ends with the update on my 12 Weeks Challenge I started almost 12 weeks ago now. This is our last week in the Challenge. Unbelievable how fast the 12 weeks have flown by. Next Friday is the presentation evening. We all get to dress-up and receive our awards or the badges of attendance. I will make sure to get a good photo of us to share with you. 

I think my next post will be a Christmas post. It's going to be a low key Christmas for us. A busy time in my family this year. Will keep you updated once it is all over.

Until next time
Nat






7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

One gorgeous image after another. Great fabric find. Congrats to your daughter on her book publishing. How wonderful. Lucky you to be able to attend the international quilt festival in Japan. Looking forward to lots of pictures.

Nanette said...

Lovely to see if your indigo moons finished, looking great. So much to see in this post, and much to look forward to as well. Your daughter's creations are so colourful,well done on her book.

Penny said...

Have a lovely time in Japan, would love to go back but it won't happen. You have a very talented daughter.

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations to your daughter. She looks charming too.

You will have so much fun on your trip. I can't wait to follow you along the way.

I LOVE the Indigo Moons top. It is just beautiful as is the stunning stitching on the denim. Your little coasters are so cute and such a great project.

taiqi said...

Thanks for doing a blog post Nat. I always enjoy your thoughts--projects etc. I also enjoy some in depth thoughts. When you blog--you do both. I am sad that so many people just do Facebook, Instagram etc. I guess most of humanity doesn't want to really think ab out something in depth. BLOG ON!!!!!

Unknown said...

I think the web owner would understand.

Gclub
คาสิโนออนไลน์

Thank you very much.

Unknown said...

Design is a style. Have a unique identity The interesting of the fabric. Royal1688 Download

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...