March 19, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In: New Zealand

It's a Friday Night Sew-in again. This is my third entry to the Sew-in. It's a challenge for me because I'm not home this Friday night. I've just traveled over 1300 miles to New Zealand and spending Friday night at MIL's place. Sorry I cheated a little by pre-posting this before we left.

What I did was worthwhile showing you. I joined Valentina, Janet, Julia, Nadine and many more ladies to stitch these cute Klosjes blocks. We are supposed to post it up on Saturday. Sorry ladies I was nearly a week late for my first post.
These are my test run blocks, but instead of wasting them, I will make 25 blocks and use them in a mini quilt. I will start all over again using antique repro fabrics. I think these Dutch Klosjes blocks call for more traditional fabrics. I'm enjoying hand piecing these little blocks. Mine is 3" finished.

Julia showed which way her seam is going. Mine seems to be going the opposite way to hers. Well if that is the way it is, I will let it be!

I have combined the Friday Night Sew-in and the Klojes Saturday all in one post. Thanks ladies for organizing such fun activities. I am posting this from Auckland, New Zealand and will try to post some photos to share with you.


16 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

Hi Nat,
Glad to hear had a good trip to New Zealand! Enjoy your stay and the wedding!!
Love your Dutch klosjes!!!! I'm also busy with klosjes in very bright colours!
These klosjes really create a bond between quilters over the world!!
I would love to see your pictures!!!
Have a great time and ENJOY!!!!!
Love, Ria.

Janet said...

Could you just wave out to my kids and grandkids while you're in Auckland, oh and my sister too? Your blocks are lovely but you have to make them in the fabrics you'll love. I'll be looking forward to those. My blocks are pressed the same way as yours.

Julia said...

They look great Nat...
They don't have to be in repros...just what ever you love..
I might have another look at how mine are pressed..
Julia ♥

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Looks good Nat...and great you can combine 2 things!!! Hope you are having a lovely time over there...Look forward to seeing some pics...Dzintra♥x

Serena said...

HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP NATIMA!!!

Terry said...

Great Post of your spools. Enjoy the festivities.

Huggs Terry

Valentina said...

Oh Nat! Your Klosjes are soooo cute! I press them the same way as you do! I am hoping to handquilt mine, eventually! :) Oh, have lots of fun on this part of your trip. And I love the fact that your Klosjes are going to be part of this wonderful trip of yours: "HAVE KLOSJES, WILL TRAVEL!!!"
xox
Valentina!

QuiltSue said...

So that's why I feel a bit tired this morning - I've got jet lag!

I love your little blocks.

Nadine said...

LOVELY, LOVELY KLOSJES ! and I'm sure you're so much enjoying their making ;>)
You're on a roll now my friend !
Have a GREAT weekend,
XOXOXOXOOXXOXOXOOXXO
NADINE

ivoryspring said...

Those blocks are absolutely adorable.

Micki said...

The blocks are adorable! Enjoy New Zealand and can't wait to see the pics.
Micki

Astrid said...

Glad to hear you have arrived safe in NZ! Very cute blocks! For more than 2 years - think - I've wanted to make a quilt using such blocks, but - I'm not there yet! :)

Karen said...

Your Klosjes look wonderful Nat! I just love making them.

Lis said...

Looking good Nat! I hope you have a great few days and enjoy the celebrations. Lis xx

ParisMaddy said...

Nat, they look great! Hope you have a terrific time in N.Z.

Marydon Ford said...

G'eve sweet Nat ~ They are marvelous, the colors are gorgeous!

Happy autumn!
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN~ Hugs, Marydon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...