May 3, 2009

Lovabel's Roses Block

I promised myself many years ago that I will complete this Lovabel's Quilt in memory of Laurene Sinema who found the original quilt from the 1930s. Thanks to Lynette for choosing the patterns for her suitcase challenge and that had brought back my memory of this pattern. This is the fifth block and number six is almost finished. There are twenty blocks in total, but I think I am only going to make either nine or twelve blocks. I do love working on them, but I have other things I want to do as the same time...! 

In the original block Laurene used a different colour for each rose, but we have a rose bush 'Just Joey' exactly the colour at these and I just love it, so I decided to have one colour for all three roses.

Enjoy
 

6 comments:

Micki said...

I love the rose block, Nat...great job! I adore roses, and the quilt is going to be lovely!
Micki

Anonymous said...

The roses are beautiful -- how did you do the leaves? They are most interesting.

Browndirtcottage said...

lovely roses

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Beautiful Nat...just such soft pretty colours...Dzintra ♥

Marydon said...

How absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful work . .. anxious to see the finished quilt.

Have a lovely week.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Unknown said...

So nice to see this blog, even if no one posted in a number of years. Lovabel was my maternal grandmother. It makes me so proud to see quilts that are being made inspired by her original design .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...