February 16, 2009

Charity begins at home!!!

"I Just want to update on the fun raising we did at my work last Tuesday. A lot of staff brought in their bake goods and we raised a total of $1800 including the donations from the Den (our local coffee shop). All process went to the Red Cross"

I think it is time for another recipe, but this time is not just a recipe. Tomorrow at my work there is going to be fun raising sell of bake goods to raise money for the bush fires sufferers. We were asked to bring some bake goods to sell. I have baked two batches of chocolate chips biscuits. One batch with dark chocolate and one with white chocolate and so I thought I would share the recipe with you. I must tell you that, I already made $10 tonight from the sell of the biscuits to my own family. Isn't that what they says, charity begins at home....!

CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCUIT
125g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
125g chocolate ships
60g walnut pieces
Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla. Add light beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition. Mix in sifted flour. Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, mix well. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls, place on lightly greased oven trays, allow room for spreading. Bake in moderate oven 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy and please leave me a comment how they turn out for you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...