July 15, 2009

Anything Goes Wednesday: Happy Anniversary

Today is our 32th Wedding Anniversary. I have been thinking all through the day what to post for Anything Goes Wednesday. When I arrived home from work I found this beautiful bouquet of irises and liliums that DH got for me. Such a sweetheart my DH is. I am so very touched. Thank you for putting up with me for the last 32 years and I promise you that the next 32 years will be better. Happy Anniversary

My beautiful flowers amongst family photos. You can have a little peek at my DGD there as well.

I just like to carry-on the purple theme on this post, let me show you my Amish quilt Sunshine and Shadow. When we visited Entercourse in Lancaster, PA I bought a bundle of Amish fabric to make this very traditional Amish design quilt. The little block is 1" square. You might not see it very clearly, but the border fabric has bonnets printed on it. I hand quilted this quilt using block thread.

And this is the label of it. The center block has a pocket on the inside and inside the pocket is a story of this quilt and who and when it was made. I am very pleased I made it. I love Amish colours.

16 comments:

Jeni said...

what beauitful flowers ....i have also been married 32 years in september...../

Julia said...

Happy Anniversary Natima...
Best wishes to you and DH...
Beautiful flowers and it's nice to know that he remembered and is quite a romantic...
Julia ♥

blushing rose said...

What a lovely anniversary surprise .. did your heart melt? May you be blessed & many more.TTFN~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Natima. To you and DH! I love the peek of the granddaughter. She is so beautiful!! Such nice flowers too. Thank you for sharing this wonderful day with us!!

Lurline said...

Happy Anniversary, Natima and Hubby! Love the Amish quilt!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

Natima - Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. May another special awaits you. Lovely flowers!

I love that quilt label -- you always have such special labels. You inspire me!

Kitiya Palaskas said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MUM AND DAD. I love you both so much! I can't wait to see you soon xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you, and such beautiful flowers. Hope you both enjoy your special day. xxx

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is beautiful - what a great idea for a label. Happy Anniversary.

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!

I love your little Amish quilt and
the adorable label.....how cute is that?
I live so close and have never been to Intercourse Pa., I must put it on my list of places to see before I die.

Happy Sewing

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Happy Happy 32nd Wedding Anniversary dear Natima and DH!!! Hope you had a beautiful day♥ And good to see peek of your DGD too. Oh Nat that Amish Quilt took my breath away...absolutely stunning...I love Amish work♥x

Micki said...

Happy Anniversary and the flowers were just lovely! How wonderful that he got them for you!
Micki

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!! How sweet he is.
Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

A very happy anniversary to you both. Gorgeous flowers.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary Natima......
Love Lynette..... Have you been to Ricketts Point along from Mentone and walk along with hugh cliffs and rock pools...of course your feet will get wet !!!!!!!

Finn said...

Hi Nat, here I am, just as I promised. You have an absolutely lovely blog. Love the Small Amish quilt, it just sparkles! And what a great creative way to include the history and quilt label. I look forward to seeing more of your quilts. Hugs, Finn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...