July 5, 2009

Little This and That

The weekend of catching up for blogging. I have told some of you lately what I have been doing and this weekend I thought I would show the results here. The weather here in Melbourne has not been very sunny this week and when it was sunny I happened to be at work, so some photos are not as I would like them to be. It is hard taking photos indoor.

The miniature Teddy Bear I was making at the Sewing Basket of Victoria meeting last Sunday is finally finished. She is only 2.5" tall. She looks even smaller standing against the bear tin and miniature teddy bear book that one of my children gave me years ago. When I put the pieces together I used double buttonhold stitches and did not turn the seams over so you can still see the seams on the outside. To me the stitches look decorative on the outside. I really enjoyed making her, and I can see that I will be making more of them for gifts.

Here is my new secondhand computer I got from my work. My old computer was stressed to the limit. With me taking an online digital collage course it could not handle that well, so it was time for a more powerful machine. I was lucky that my employer was selling some ex-students' computers, and the one I bought is quite powerful enough for my use. DH gave me a new monitor to go with it. It is so pleasant working with a flat screen monitor.

And this is a left over I O Lyn from the Polka dot Swap. The piece needed a lot of stitching all over it and I could not finish in time to post it with the other gifts, so here it is Lyn, better late than never. I love making these little name plate pieces and stitched all over with only felted wool as a backing. I hope you can use it for something Lyn.

Last but not least. My new pair of boots. I have not bought any boots in the last five years and because it is cold and wet this year I thought I would need new boots. That was my excuse and I would stick with it. It took me months to find ones I liked. Have any of you tried to take a photo of your boots while you are wearing them? It is not easy, and because the colour is mostly black it is hard to get the details. Taking the photo from a standing up position the colour turned out gray from the reflection. Anyway, they are Italian made and all leather inside and out. Beautiful to wear, and I just love them...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, lovely blog and I love those boots. xxx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Cool boots Nat!!! Very cute miniature you made. Sounds like you love your new flatscreen monitor...that will be hard to drag you away LOL♥x

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I just noticed you had 2 'Queens' visit!!!

Micki said...

Love the teddy bears and congrats on the new flatscreen monitor.
Micki

Anonymous said...

Great post, Natima!!! Love those boots! :) The teddies are darling.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nat, love your boots....those boots were made for walkin.......love the sign you have made for me nat.........the mini teddy is cute......regards lyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...