Completed block # 4/20. I really enjoyed working on this block. The block represents the ornamental vines we have in our backyard. The new shoots are budding right at this moment. I managed to take this picture hanging the block from the vine itself. I don't own many mauve fabrics so I just used one fabric and turned some in reverse for the grapes. I am happy with how they look. What I might do later is to add some embroidery on the leaves.
Here is the journal I made. I used some of the motifs from the pattern for the cover of the journal. I have used all these fabrics for the blocks and I really like them, specially the red for the cherries. I will definitely use it again for cherries on other blocks.
The actual journal was spiral bound together with blank pages. I used the image from our CWBQ blog for the title page. There is my name, date and place started.
I have printed out the templates for each block with pictures and spaces for me to fill in the date started, finished, and block number and method used. I also keep samples of fabrics used in each block. There is plastic sleeve in front of the fabric samples to store the freezer paper templates.
Instead of writing everything all over again, I printed the posts from the blog and pasted them for each block I finished. I hope I have given you some thoughts about keeping a journal for your quilts, or at least keeping everything together to help the future generation of quilt historians!!!
Please visi: Civil War Bride Quilt Blog