Twelve blocks down forty blocks to go! I'm pleased that I'm keeping up with all the blocks. I know I will be behind when I'm away. I hope during those weeks Barbara would put out easy blocks so I can catch up when I get back.
(Block 11 London Square)
I can't remember if I mentioned that the 'F' fabric (red one) was the fabric I picked up from the op-shop Savers. It is Liberty fabric. It was a large piece over 2 meters in length. In block 11 I decided to use a piece of Liberty prints from my collection to make this block.
(Block 12 Louisiana)
Block 12 was a nice and simple one to make. The finished size of these blocks is 8" but some of my pieces end up bigger by 1/8". I've been caught out many times by cutting them 1/4" instead of 1/8", so now I test each piece by making a trial unit to make sure that I end up with an 8" finished block.
Now that I have 12 blocks I thought I would lay them out to see how they would look together. I think I need more greens and yellows in my future blocks. The red looks a lot brighter in real life than in the photo. I'm happy with how they look together so far. To read the history and see the original block please visit CWQ blog and see all members blocks on flickr.