September 30, 2018

Last Working Friday

This post winds back by 3 months. I had drafted this post just before we moved, but as anyone who has been moving knows, moving is crazy. So below is what I was telling you at that time, but didn't get around to posting it....

I have had the urge to blog and to say that today the last Friday of my working life! Three months ago I handed in my retirement notice. Actually, I only needed to give one month's notice, but I gave them  them plenty of time to find my replacement. They have found me a replacement, but not just one. They have found seven others to replace me! It is good to know that I have put in more than a hard yard into the job. It's one of the best jobs I have had in my career. I will miss this place and the people I have been working with for the last 14 years. 

Apart from today being a significant Friday for my working life, I have few things that I made recently to share with you. I spent the Easter holiday with DS and his family. While I was there DDIL asked for my help making up 2 quilts using work from her students from year 7 and year 8. The work consists of Sashiko stitched panels. I set the blocks using thin white sashings with blue and red corners and the opposite colour for the borders of each quilt. 

I knew that I only have less than 3 months before our big move, but still have to work within that 3 months. The idea didn't stop me from signing up for an online workshop "Alchemist's apron" with India Flint. This was India Flint's first online workshop. I'm glad I signed up because I really enjoyed it and learned a lot from India and the class mates in the class Facebook group. 


One of the student's quilts I put together

Some natural dye experiments using plants and flowers from the garden of the rental house. It was part of online workshop with India Flint I was taking in May.

Soaking plants and flowers in jars

Pieces of silk added and steamed for 45 mins.

Purple carrots dyed with household mordants

The results of silk threads after dyeing with
purple carrots and household mordants.

Journal pages made from splashed papers

And here is the apron made from a shirt.

By the time you read this we would have moved. I will be updating you with our news soon. I do hope to keep blogging more regularly now that I am retired.

Until next time
Nat

19 comments:

sdBev said...

Welcome to retired life! I too retired and moved. Spent the first 6 months feeling like Id forgotten to do something. 10 years later I wonder how I had enough time to work all those years. You can be busy, productive, doing things you love or not. Hope to read more great posts by you soon.

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks for your encouraging kind words. I’m keeping busy, but still come to terms with loosing my work community and friends. Moving keeps me busy setting up new Home. Will need a holiday soon ��

Nanette said...

You've had a lot going on Nat, a couple of life's biggest changes at once. It's great you decided to do India's workshop, that would've helped to keep you grounded. And your apron is fabulous. Keep going gently.

Needled Mom said...

It's such fun to see you blogging again. I hope it becomes a regular thing.

Your dying is always incredible and it has been fun following these on IG.

دارلفیحا نقل اثاث said...

Nice post Amazang blog I read this and I share with my friend نقل اثاث الشارقة

Unknown said...

Thanks for blogging to share this great blog for me to find out.
ចាក់បាល់អន់ឡាញ់

Gurugram Girl said...

Thanks for sharing this post. After a long time, such a post has been seen, it is a very interesting subject, people like it. When someone shares this kind of article, the mind is happy The
Gurugram Girls Hostel
beautifull nightlife Gurugram
vip Girls In Manesar
time pass Girls Bhiwadi
Housewife In Gurugram
slim Girls Gurugram
Gurugram Girls Number
models In Gurgaon
Gurgaon Girls Real Photos

Noah Grundy said...

Thank you for making this information available. This is an extremely in-depth blog post. Thank you very much for your time and effort! Please continue to distribute blogs of this nature.Melbourne Cheap Movers

Patrick Wilson said...

Where do you find this kind of information, since it's quite informative? maintain the current momentum A really informative and interesting blog and I believe that it is immensely helpful and knowledgeable in its subject matter. I'd want to express my appreciation for taking the time and effort to create this blog.Removalist Richmond

Robert Bell said...

Thank you so much for sharing this highly helpful knowledge with me; I am thrilled to have discovered this information after searching for it for such a long period of time. Removalists Preston

Timothy Johnson said...

Thank you for giving us so much useful information that we can use. If I had to choose, this is one of the best essays I have ever read. My absolute favorite of your blogs is this one. Basically what I was looking for. I hope you keep making great things.office relocation melbourne

Educationjapan said...

Hello everyone. I'm Deepti Singh. I'm your admissions counselor for Japanese universities. In today's video, we will talk about an exam called NAT Exam . This exam is more or less like the JLPT exam, a Japanese language proficiency test I have already made the video for that and I'll be tagging it here Just like the JLPT exam is there one more exam which is called NAT Exam.

customer care outsourcing said...

outsource customer care services

A call center is a kind of customer support organization that responds to questions and complaints from clients. Call centers can be used for lead generation, sales and marketing, help desks, telemarketing, debt collection, market research, and other functions that are generally associated with contact centers, such as customer care. For the past several years, India has seen an increase in the outsourcing of customer service, and this trend is expected to continue. Knowing about how to Outsource Customer Service in the right way

customer care outsourcing said...


Call Center Outsourcing vendors

When the internal customer service department can no longer meet the demand, some organizations can handle erratic consumer demands and phone volumes via Call Center Outsourcing vendors. They might not have the resources or capacity to expand as necessary. Companies that outsource call centers can help in this situation.

customer care outsourcing said...

call center outsourcing services, it's crucial to conduct thorough research, choose a reputable provider with a track record of success, clearly define your requirements.

customer care outsourcing said...

For certain companies, Outsource Order Processing Services are staffed by full-time order taking employees who are essential to both the business's day-to-day operations and its overall profitability.

customer care outsourcing said...

Learning a language is important for a child at growing age. Our French and Mandarin Preschool in Brooklyn will help help your child to fulfill that language learning gap.

jameshhood1984 said...

Back office outsourcing services involve delegating non-customer-facing tasks such as data entry, payroll processing, inventory management, and administrative support to a specialized third-party provider.

customer care outsourcing said...

A proficient back office service provider streamlines and enhances organizational operations by handling non-client facing tasks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...