February 24, 2009

One for All and All for One

Back on September 11, 2001 everyone know what happened that day? I was living in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates at that time. The tragedy of the event was unbearable and unbelievable. It affected me more than I thought it would. I was searching the Internet late one night and came across a call for exhibits from Karey Brensenhan, the president of Quilts International. The call was to submit quilts to be exhibited at Quilts International, Houston in November 2001. I set off to work and got the quilt finished in time for the exhibition. The process of making the quilt had helped heal the sadness I had at the time.

The exhibition was called 'America from the Heart'. The same exhibition travelled to Barcelona, Spain for the Europe Quilt Expo 2002, and I was there to see my quilt exhibited among the other 99 quilts of the same subject.

All the quilts were then published in a book called America from the heart, by Karey Bresenhan. I called my quilt 'One for All and All for One'. All the proceeds from the sale of the book was given to an education fund for children who lost their parents because of 9/11.


Why did I tell you this? Well, my latest quilt, 'Heartfelt' I've made for one of the survivors of Black Saturday on 7 Feb. 2009 - quilts do heal believe me...!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...