April 15, 2009

Crib Quilt

I finally finished the second quilt for my grand daughter. The first one was for her wall and this one is for her crib or to lie on. I gave it to her when we visited them on Easter break. I hope that she will learn to roll and crawl on this quilt. The blue sashing fabric is the same fabric I used for my son's duvet cover. The bright blue and pink seem to blend together well.

This quilt was machined pieced and machine quilted. The backing fabric is the same as the blue fabric as the sashings. It can be used on the reverse as well.

Putting binding on is always fun because it means that the quilt is almost complete.

All my quilts have labels on the back. I hand embroidered all my labels and quilted down to the backing. I am very happy with how it turned out. I was worried that it is too blue for a girl, but if she is as liberated as her Yahyah (that's me) she wouldn't just like pink.

Enjoy

5 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Nat...very beautiful quilt for your little Grandbaby...I'm sure she will learn to roll and crawl on it...my 2 little ones rolled around on their very own special blanket. And no it is not too blue...just perfect, Dzintra ♥♥♥
PS Not long to go now LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Any girl would love that one.

Julia said...

it's gorgeous Natima.
It's not too blue at all...I'm sure she would love it in any colour, just because you made it for her..
Julia ♥

Micki said...

Very beautiful quilt...the back is gorgeous!
Your grandbaby will really appreciate it!
Micki

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh it's lovely and I don't think it is too blue....just colorful for her to look at and to stimulate her little brain!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...