April 14, 2009

Bloggers Come Together

We left at 3:00 PM on Thursday for the Easter holiday. We arrived in Canberra after midnight. We did good time and only stopped twice in 9 hours for coffee breaks. Listen to a talking book is always a good companion for long distance diving. We listened to Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on this trip. It was a very moving story of lives in Nigeria and a fantastic narrator by Lisette Lecat. I highly recommend this one. We enjoyed visiting our son and his family. We left Canberra early Sunday morning heading to the South Coast driving through Braidwood where I had arranged to meet up with a blogger friend Dzintra from Queen of the Armchair

Braidwood is where the Airing of Quilts Event happens in November of each year. Dzintra and I arranged to meet for morning tea at Cafe Altenburg on main street. When we got there Dzintra and her family were already there. It had been 5 years since we last met. We have not changed one bit!!! Good thing we had seen each other on our blogs lately so that we recognised each other straight away. It was good to see you again Dzintra. Also it was good for DHs to finally met.

Cafe Altenburg is set back from the main street. The entrance took us to the back where we sat under the canopy of an ornamental grape vine with its leaves now starting to turn from yellow to gold and red. It was a very pleasant spot.

Dzintra and I are toasting our cups for our dear friend Micki in Ireland. Here is one for you Micki, wish you were here with us. Perhaps next time you can be here too.
Enjoy

3 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Nat...I have just posted up my photos...great to catch up...I wonder if you are still up...Good Post...Dzintra ♥

Micki said...

I have posted your gift to me and the pic of the two of you on my blog. Thanks so much again, and I loved the post. It really meant a lot for the two of you to toast me, and I enjoyed reading all about your meeting and the trip in general.
Hugs,
Micki

Julia said...

Great to see you two together..
how lovely to meet a fellow blogger..
off to check Dzintra blog..
Julia ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...