July 29, 2009

My Purchases

I only bought a little bit from the Craft and Quilt Fair this year. The reason is that I have far too much fabric to deal with. Another reason is that I have got into other art and craft apart from just quilting. I am happy with what I bought and some can be used in basket weaving and book binding as well. The pattern I got is a very special Civil War Bride quilt pattern that I might one day make for my DGD (now is 6 months old). I am known to take years to finish a quilt...!

You can have a look for yourself how beautiful this quilt is. It is a Civil War Bride quilt. I was standing at the Threadbear stall when I overheard the story of this quilt being told. Someone said it was supposed to be a bridal quilt, but something must have gone wrong because there was no groom in there to be seen. I heard the story before I actually saw the quilt. When I turned around and saw the quilt, I thought I had to get the pattern even though I would not be able to start it for a long time. You know patterns do not go bad over time...!

Okay I lie, I did get some fabric. I don't know about you, but I can never find plaid fabrics so easily. I love them and when I found them I have to get some. I also bought the book "When the Cold Win Blows" by Blackbird Designs which I am big fan of. I love all their designs and everything Barb and Alma do. If you have a chance please visit their blog at the link above. I also bought some Sari silk yarns and hand spun twine from Prudence Mapstone's stall. No I am not going to do scrumplings. I got them to use in my next project of basket weaving. What about those cute scissors? A girl will never have enough scissors. They do come in handy as gifts.

6 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Nat...Civil War pattern is beautiful...I love the Civil War fabrics...and yes scissors are always very handy. Good shopping day for you...Dzintra♥x

Anonymous said...

I love that quilt.. it would take me a lifetime to make it tho :)

Frog Quilter said...

Love the pictures and the book sure is tempting. I working on getting up to speed on applique...

Have a great day. Liz

Browndirtcottage said...

It's hard not to buy beautiful
fabrics and patterns. Looks like
you made some wise purchases!!!

Micki said...

Funny enough, I just got the Civil War Bride pattern. It is something I will also make one day.
Micki

Anonymous said...

Hello Nat, thank you for visiting...my friend bought the same pattern as you did Civil War Quilt.....I was surprised at the time of the comments made about the hexagon quilt....I was disappointed with their response.....hugs lyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...