February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day, Dye Results and Friend

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I hope you are all having a lovely day. Mr Notjustnat and I are going out to dinner tomorrow instead to today. Today I have arranged to have Jacky over for our first stitching with friend in the Tree House for the first time. I'm so excited and looking forward to it. 

I mentioned on my last post that I did some dyeing using fresh herbs that one of my friends brought to the Tree House studio opening party. I added some Eucalyptus leaves I collected from my work. The results of the dyes are very pleasing. Please see some photos below:


Extra large heart shape pendant I wore today with the black and white blouse. I took a partial selfie of myself this morning! 


In the dye batch I did both bundles and jar dyeing. After steaming the bundles I only left them overnight when I opened them. I'm happy how all the pieces turned out. I left the jars to stand for over a week before I opened them.

Some of the pieces drying over the railing

Some lemon verbena, eucalyptus leaves and
madder root pieces.

Left cochineal. Right eucalyptus leaves
and madder powder. 

Various eucalyptus leaves on silk. 

Eucalyptus leaves on silk

Juvenile silver dollars on wool. 

Eucalyptus silver dollars on wool.

I invited Jacky to come over for stitching in my Tree House today. We are trying to get together once a month if we can. We stitched for most of the morning then went to lunch and coffee at my local mall. In the afternoon I took Jacky to the Waverley Antique Bazaar which she had not been to.  


Jacky in the Tree House: I made us both a healthy drink with water melon, ginger with fresh mint. I also brewed us a pot of roasted green tea. We stitched and chatted for most of the morning. It was lovely to get together with Jacky again.


Jacky stitching her "red stitch for protection" a piece she has been working on. She added the word Tree House on her stitching as well. 


Lucky find: I haven't posted any lucky finds for a while now so here is my lucky find this week. A Japanese tea pot with bamboo handle and indigo blue cherry blossoms on the side. It's a perfect tea pot for green tea. Do you want to know how much I paid for it? I paid $3.95 for it! It was really a lucky find!

I have been busy planning our around-the-world trip since the beginning of 2015. I'm happy that I will be meeting some of you during our travels. I wish I could visit you all, really!  

Until next time
Nat

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Valentines to you too!

Looks you had a marvellous day.

Huge, huge hugs XXX

Needled Mom said...

Your dye results are just wonderful. The colors are so vibrant and clear.

Stitching with a friend in the tree house sounds like a perfect day.

I can't wait to follow your journey on your big trip.

Happy Valentine's Day.

deanna7trees said...

loving your dye results. you are so efficient in the way you get it all done. nice to have a special place for stitching with friends. sounds like you both had a wonderful visit. ...and Happy Valentine's Day to you as well.

Els said...

Happy Valentine to you ánd Jacky ;-)

(looking forward to your visit : we'll work it out !)

Yoga said...

Happy valentine's day to you too. Enjoy your meal with Tom.

Astrid said...

Happy late VDay! Stitching with a friend is always nice. Beautiful hand dyes, as always. I've been so busy and missed so many posts, but hope I'll be better this year. Have a great Sunday!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Loving those colors Nat! A great day for you and Jacky and Happy Valentine's Dinner for tonight!

Nancy said...

Oh Nat, the dyed cloth turned out beautiful!! How nice to spend a day with a friend :)

neki desu said...

amazing dye results,as ever.would love it if you have barcelona in your travel itinerary(hint,hint)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...