January 12, 2018

First Post in 2018

Happy New Year all. I know that Holidays are done and dusted, but my holiday is finally about to start! Hope everyone had a relaxing and safe Holiday. Last year was the busiest year for me. Work, family and home life took most of my time. I did quite a bit on the creative front too. I only made few handmade gifts this year. I made up a few heart ornaments and one for myself to use as a brooch (see photos). 

Late in November I signed up for a textile art course online workshop with Sue Stone. I'm slowly working away on each module and loving it.

Then I finished Indigo Moon quilt and sent it away to get it machine quilted. I am looking forward to getting it back. I also finished another quilt top using blocks I made for a border of Indigo Moon quilt. I have enough blocks to make a throw sized quilt. I'm thrilled that I can use leftovers from one quilt to make another quilt. Does anyone do that? Then to wrap up 2017 leftover project, I finished piecing the heart blocks I did throughout the year, but it needed something to finish it off with. I used whatever fabric I had to piece the border for it. So, is this what they cal improv quilting? I am very pleased with myself and how it turned out.

Below are the photos of what I've mentioned above. 

Hand stitching Christmas tree as part
of my online workshop

Hearts using vintage quilt and blanket

I kelp this to use as brooch

Stitch samplers from module #1 online workshop

Sample from module #2.1

Sample for module 2.2

Playing with blocks from Indigo Moon quilt. I've also made up a few bunnies to applique around Indigo Moon quilt. I only made 4 bunnies. I don't want to waste them so I just randomly placed them in the quilt. I think I'm happy with that!

Leftover blocks

Quilt top with bunnies

Basting ready for hand quilting

Hand quilting has begun

The Love and Kisses quilt top

The most exciting project is my journal cover that I started sometime during the year. It's for our trip this January to Hong Kong and Japan. In Japan I will visit Toji Flea Market in Kyoto and the Tokyo International Quilt Festival. I have managed to combine the trip to visit both events. We will have a few extra days in Hiroshima as well. 

The travel journal front cover

Travel journal black cover

I will be posting on Instagram and Facebook. If you are my friends on Facebook please come along for a ride virtually! Some of my regular blog readers are not happy that I've been neglecting my blog lately. Living life in the fast lane can only fit so much in a day. IG and FB are must easier and faster to update than a blog format. Blogging is a journal for what I'm making. I like to print them out each year, but this year will be a very thin book!

Until next time
Nat





20 comments:

Irene Donovan said...

I would like to follow you on instagram, name please. Thanks

deanna7trees said...

So many beautiful things to see here. Absolutely love that journal and I too use leftover scraps from one project to start another. It is a fun challenge.

taiqi said...

I guess I am one of those people who love it when you blog. Thanks for starting the New Year off with a bang. Love your indigo quilt. I hope you will keep us posted on your trip. I see that many people are starting to blog again--more depth and much appreciated. Have a good trip.

Terry said...

Have a wonderful time on your trip. I too have done very little blogging this past year. You are so right about the ease of sharing on the other platforms and the story telling part of blogging takes much longer.
All the new quilts are so different and reflect the many facets of your creative life. Enjoy the rest of the month.

Jo said...


What a great idea to make a travel diary! Your cheerful cover already sets the tone...

Needled Mom said...

Your work is always so gorgeous. I love the travel diary and the hares on the blue are beautiful. Those hearts are always so pretty too.

IBC-168 said...

TV Online

Unknown said...


You are a good person in my eyes.
gclub

ajay said...



Interior design has become a requirement for every small flat to a very big bungalow as it make the house look neat, clean, and organized. Also Interior design make it a comfortable and peaceful place to live with a family. Early morning during cooking if you search for the salt container then think how irritating the day will start. Kid’s homework done last night and morning you see the note book disappearing and husband is behind for each small things like towel to take bath, dresses to wear for the day, socks, shoes, and especially for bike and car keys. Don’t you think this is most horrible day for everyone and if each day starts like this what will be our mind state? Yes, the solution for this is interior designing, a way to organize your living. Interior is now not only a way to organize but also become a status shower and thus the demand of the interior designers are increasing to the moon but the talented people to satisfy the customer requirements are still in earth. To meet this requirement and to show a career path for people having no interest in books, Colors Institute of Interior designing is here with an Interior Designing Course in Chennai.

Nagomi.R said...

We have provide best Interior decorators in Chennai


ajay said...


Colors Institute of Interior Designingto help you learn interior designing. Theory classes, 3D visualization classes, material study classes, designing classes, internships, industrial visits, guest lectures to keep you updated on the latest happening, color selection process, and real hands on through live projects is all include in the training for diploma in interior designing.

ajay said...



Colors Institute of Interior Designing to enable you to learn inside outlining. Hypothesis classes, 3D perception classes, material examination classes, outlining classes, temporary positions, mechanical visits, visitor addresses to keep you refreshed on the most recent happening, shading choice process, and genuine hands on through live undertakings is all incorporate into the preparation for certificate in Diploma in interior designing.

DreamNT said...

Thanks for sharing.









ผู้หญิง

Varun said...

Colors Fashion School with the best Fashion Designing Course in Chennai is here to shape your interest on fabrics and colors to make you get a career path in fashion design industry.Fashion designing course in Chennai offered by Colors Institute of Fashion Technology is here to groom students having interest in the designing clothes and set a new trend for this craving world.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and looking for something that is very interesting and useful.And I'm very fond of falling in love with your work.
เที่ยวเมืองไทยที่ไหนดี

Varun said...

Colors Institute of Fashion Technology provides Diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate course in Fashion technology in full-time and part-time. We also have flexible and fast-track certification course for people interested in taking fashion as an entrepreneurship.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OMG My joy and happiness has been so much so I just want to testify of what Dr Adams has done for me . All hope was gone; I didn’t believe when a friend told me Dr Adams can help me get my ex wife back and he really did. I just want to thank him so much for helping me in my situation he is a great spell caster. I believe he can help anybody with relationship problems . You can contact him with this whatsApp him on +234 9057910375 Thanks Dr Adams

Selena said...

You have made your points in a smart way. I am impressed with how interesting you have been able to present this content. Thanks for sharing a nice information. Do support us
Interior Design Courses In Bangalore
Short Term Fashion Designing Courses In Bangalore
Photography Courses In Chennai
Fashion Designing Colleges In Chennai
Interior Designing Colleges In Chennai

Dev said...

Interior Design Courses Online
Interior Design Course In Madurai

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...